The story God is using to transform me can be read in the first post, Journeying Through Pain (1 of 3). This writing slowly begins to open the door of realizations that God has impressed on my heart. I’m processing these ideas for this Sunday’s sermon which will directly precede my surgery this next week. The passage I will be preaching is 1 Peter 4:12-19. The ideas here will be a slight explosion on those thoughts.
These are the statements that have brought me comfort in this season. These statements give me some direction and hope as I have wrestled between the thoughts of my flesh and the nudges from the Spirit.
- My struggles are planned catalysts of transformation.
- My struggles are an opportunity to deeply experience Christ.
- My struggles are an avenue to greater Christ-driven JOY.
- My struggles are a means of walking in the fullness of the Holy Spirit.
- My struggles are ultimately purposed to draw attention to God.
- My struggles are crafted for my ultimate good.
- My struggles are an exercise of my faith.
- My struggles are a call to radical obedience.
I plan to write one more post in this series that continues these ideas after I arrive on the other side of my surgery.